- Insist on good quality – keep in mind that this furniture has to stand up to the elements including wind, rain, snow and intense sun – all of which can happen in a given day in Colorado. Purchasing high-quality outdoor furniture will ensure that it lasts for many years versus a few short seasons.
- Educate yourself about your outdoor furniture purchase. You have many material choices when selecting your patio furniture including cast aluminum, aluminum, wrought iron, steel, rattan, wicker and wood. Each material has its own unique properties which may be important to you. Don’t forget: any money spent on patio furniture is good money. Make sure it fits both your lifestyle and durability needs.
- Decide what maintenance you’re willing to conduct on your outdoor furniture. Some products are virtually maintenance free, while others require a bit more TLC. Be sure to consult your outdoor furniture specialist to learn what maintenance is required for your selection.
- Consider purchasing an umbrella as an essential part of your patio collection. A free standing umbrella can provide additional shade and design. Be sure to ask for a double wind vent for the occasional Colorado gust of wind. Remember: no umbrella is warrantied against wind damage – all umbrellas will have a maximum tolerance for wind and other elements, but getting a double wind vent will help protect against the elements.
- Be sure to select a material, finish and fabric that meets your needs and expectations. A premium patio fabric will outlast other outdoor fabrics several times over. A solution-dyed acrylic is fade proof, water resistant, mold and mildew-proof, and can be cleaned with all household cleaners including bleach!
Did You Know?
Most outdoor fire pits are designed for ambiance and limited heating – they are not necessarily intended for cooking or to provide a main heat source.
We’d love to make your patio party-ready for summer! firstname.lastname@example.org